- Alchymy, 12 Ave. A, btwn Houston & 2nd St. (212) 477-9050
- DJs spin hip-hop, R&B, reggae and more every day but Wednesday when they have open mic sessions. Monday is ladies night, and there is a $5 cover for guys on Friday and Saturday nights. Ages 21 and over. Open 7 days a week from 4pm - 4am, with Happy Hour from 4pm - 8pm. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Alphabet Lounge, 104 Ave. C, @ 7th St. (212) 780-0202
- Open Mon. to Sat., 8pm - 4am. Closed Sundays except the first Sunday of the month when they host a Fetish Party. No cover. Ages 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Angel Bar, 174 Orchard St., btwn Houston & Stanton St. (212) 780-0313
- No cover. All kinds of music. Hours: Sun.-Thur. 7pm - 3am, Fri. 6pm - 4am, Sat. 7pm - 4am. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Au Bar, 41 E. 58th St, btwn Park Ave. & Madison Ave. (212) 308-9455
- Supper club with dancing, where a DJ spins all kinds of tunes every day. Open 9pm - 4am. Cover charge on the weekend ($20 on Friday, $25 on Saturday, $10 if you're having dinner). 21 and older. Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 59th St.; N, R to 5th Ave.
- Bar d'O, 29 Bedford St., @ Downing St. (212) 627-1580
- DJs on Friday and Saturday, and a live drag cabaret show ($5 cover) on Sat., Sun. and Tuesday nights. Ages 21 and over. Hours: Weedays, 7pm - 3am; Fri. & Sat., 7pm - 4am. Subway: 1, 9 to Houston St.
- Barmacy, 538 E. 14th St., btwn Ave. A & Ave. B (212) 228-2240
- This bar plays mostly rock music with the occasional foray into R&B, Soul, and Hip Hop. Happy Hour is weekdays from 5:30pm - 8:30pm. Hours: weekdays, 5:30pm - 4am; weekends 7pm - 4am. Subway: L to 1st Ave.
- Beauty Bar, 231 E. 14th St., btwn 2nd Ave. & 3rd Ave. (212) 539-1389
- Hours: weekdays, 5:30pm - 4am; weekends, 7pm - 4am. Subway: L to 3rd Ave.; N, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Belmont Lounge, 117 E. 15th St., btwn Irving Pl. & Union Sq. E. (212) 533-0009
- Chill Union Square Lounge with DJs nightly and light fare. Open 4pm - 4am every day. DJs change often, so call for info. Dress code is Hip, Neat and Clean. $5 cover after 10pm on Friday and Saturday. Ages 21 and older. Subway: N, R, L, 4, 5, 6 to Union Sq.
- Black Star Lounge, 92nd Ave., btwn 5th St. & 6th St. (212) 254-4747
- Not only do they have a pool table and live DJ music every night of the week, but there is also a back room for private parties. No cover. Tuesdays are Reggae, Mon & Fri they play Electronic music, and other nights are mixed 80's, Classic, and House music. 21 and over. Hours: 4pm - 4am. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- bOb, 235 Eldridge St., btwn Houston & Stanton St. (212) 777-0588
- Bar/gallery/lounge showing art by local New York artists. Open 7pm - 3am every night. Happy Hour from 7 - 10pm. 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Cachette, 14 Ave. B, btwn 2nd St. & Houston (212) 260-7100
- This lounge hosts DJs every night who play mostly underground, deep house, funk, and soul. Hours: Tues-Sat, 9pm - 4am. Ages 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Cafe Novecento, 343 W. Broadway, @ Grand St. (212) 925-4706
- This restaurant/bar has a lounge open on the weekends and available for rentals. Hours and cover vary depending on what is going on in the space. Subway: A, C, E to Canal St.
- Cheeta Club, 12 W. 21st St., btwn 5th and 6th Aves. (212) 206-7770
- Decent star watching and decadent atmosphere make this a great club for dancing or lounging around. Cover: varies, $10 - $20. Hours: Mon-Sat, 10pm-4am. Subway: F, N, R to 23rd St.
- Chelsea Lounge, 154 W. 26th St., btwn 6th & 7th Aves. (212) 691-4306
- This lounge bar plays hip hop, R&B, house, and top 40 music, with some trance and garage style thrown in on the weekends. Hours: Tues-Sat., 5pm - 2am. Ages 21 and over. $10 cover after 10pm on weekends, varies on weekdays. Subway: F to 23rd St.
- Dominion, 428 Lafayette St., btwn Astor Pl. & 4th St. (212) 674-4066
- Lounge/theater with live burlesque cabaret shows every Fri & Sat at 10pm and 11:30pm ($20). Otherwise the lounge is open Thur - Sat from 9pm - 4am with live DJs. Food is served and there is no cover. 21 and over. Subway: N, R to 8th St.; 6 to Astor Pl.
- Double Happiness, 173 Mott St., btwn Broome & Grand Sts. (212) 941-1282
- Incorporating the Chinese and Italian influences of the local neighborhood, this artistically designed lounge is open Sun - Wed from 6pm - 3am and Thur - Sat from 6pm - 4am. 21 and over. Subway: J, M, Z, N, R, 6 to Canal St.
- Eau, 913 Broadway, btwn 20th & 21st Sts. (212) 673-6333
- DJs spin all kinds of tunes here all week. Hours: Mon - Fri from 6pm - 4am, Sat from 8pm - 4am. Cover is $10 on Saturday and Thursday after 10pm. Ages 21 and over during the week, but on the weekend they'll turn you away if you're under 23. Subway: N, R to 23rd St.
- Edelweiss, 572 11th Ave., btwn 43rd & 44th Sts. (212) 629-1021
- A diverse crowd frequents this 10,000 square foot with dance floors on two levels, 3 bars, and a VIP lounge. Open 7 days a week from 8pm until late. $20-$25 cover on weekends, less during the week. No jeans or sneakers. 21 and over. Free parking. Subway: A, C, E to 42nd St.
Exit, 610 W. 56th St., btwn 11th & 12th Aves. (212) 582-8282
- Dance the morning away to Hip Hop, Techno, R&B and House music at this 4 level nightclub. You can also chill out in one of their lounge areas if you're too tired to close down the dance floor at 9am. Open Friday from 10pm - 6am (18 and over) and Sat from 10pm - 9am (21 and over). $25 cover. Subway: A, C, B, D, 1, 9 to 59th St.
- Filter 14, 432 West 14th St., @ Washington St. (212) 366-5680
- House music, garage classics, with classic disco and hip hop thrown in for good measure so you can grove the way you want to in their two lounges or out on the dance floor. 21 and over. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10pm - 3 or 4am. $0 - $10 cover charge. Subways: A,C, E, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 14th Street; L train to 8th Avenue.
- Gemini Lounge, 221 2nd Ave., btwn 13th & 14th Sts. (212) 254-5260
- East Village lounge featuring a cafe in the front Tues - Sat when the weather is warm. Inside a DJ spins House, Hip Hop, Classics, 70s and 80s music. Open Wed - Fri from 5pm - 4am and Sat from 8pm - 4am. $10 cover on the weekend. 21 and over. Subway: L to 3rd Ave.
- Gradisca, 126 W. 13th St., btwn 6th & 7th Aves. (212) 691-4886
- Restaurant/bar with nightly DJs playing Funk, Hip Hop and Italian Pop. Not a dance club, but people sometimes do get up and shake their booties. Open 6pm - 1am every night. All ages, no cover. Subway: F, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 14th St.; L to 6th Ave.
- Hell, 59 Jansevoort St., btwn Washington & Greenwich Sts. (212) 727-1666
- Live DJs spinning Tuesday - Thursday, with a jukebox for the rest of the week. Open 7pm - 4am every day but Friday when they open at 5pm. 21 and over. Subway: C, E to 14th St.
- Hush, 17 W. 19th St., btwn 5th & 6th Ave. (212) 989-HUSH
- Supper club with weekly dancing and occasional bands. Dinner served Wednesday - Saturday until 11pm. Happy Hour with 2 for 1 cocktails and complimentary buffet from 5pm - 8pm, Tues - Sat. The club is open Friday and Saturday after 10pm with DJs spinning a mix of dance music in two rooms ($10 - $20, free for ladies before midnight). There is also a Salsa night with lessons on Mondays. 21 and older. Subway: N, R to 23rd St.
- Ice Bar, 528 Canal St., btwn Washington St. & West Side Hwy. (212) 226-2602
- Lounge bar with House, Trance, and the usual DJ party mix. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 7pm - 4am. No cover. 21 and over. Subway: 1, 9 to Canal St.
- Izzy Bar, 166 1st Ave. at 10th St. (212) 228-0444
- A bi-level bar with DJ's and live bands every night. Styles include House, Techno, Funk, Latin, Armenian, World Vibes, and more. Open 7pm - 4am every day, usually with a $5 cover. Ages 21 and over. Subway: L to 1st Ave.; 6 to Astor Pl.
- Jet Lounge, 286 Spring St., btwn Hudson & Verick Sts. (212) 929-4780
- 230 capacity nightclub with an upstairs lounge open Wed - Sun from 10pm - 4am. DJs change week to week, but Thursday is usually R&B and House music, and Fri/Sat are Trance & Hip Hop. 21 and over. Subway: C, E to Spring St.
- Leopard Lounge, 248 E. 5th St., @ 2nd Ave. (212) 253-2222
- Downstairs is Sin Sin, the Irish bar/lounge, and upstairs is the Leopard Lounge where a live DJ spins Funk, Hip Hop and more every night. Open 12pm - 4am every day. Happy Hour 1pm - 8pm (until 10pm on Thur). Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Light, 129 E. 54th St., btwn Lexington & Park Aves. (212) 583-1333
- This fairly recent addition to the mid-town scene has a relaxed atmosphere, an extensive martini selection , and a light food menu. DJs spin House music and more every night. Open Mon - Sat from 4pm - 4am. 21 and over. Subway: 6 to 50th St.; E, F to Lexington.
Limelight, 660 Sixth Ave. @ 20th Street. (212) 807-7780
- The famous converted church club has finally reopened! The balconies are great for people watching and the stained glass windows add a uniquely surreal touch. 5 rooms playing different kinds of music. Cover: $25. Hours: Wed - Sun 10pm-4am. Must be 18 or older. Subway: F, N, R to 23rd St.
- La Linea, 15 1st Ave, btwn 1st & 2nd Sts. (212) 777-1571
- Every night DJs spin a blend of House, Hip Hop, Funk, Reggae, and everything in between. Happy Hour from 3pm - 9pm, open until 4am. Ages 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Liquids, 266 E. 10th St., btwn 1st Ave. & Ave. A (212) 677-1717
- Open every night at 6pm. Subway: L to 1st Ave.
- Lotus, 409 W. 14th St., btwn 9th & 10th Aves. (212) 243-4420
- Restaurant, lounge, nightclub with DJs playing House, Hip Hop, Soul and more every night. Dinner is served from 6pm - 11pm and the club stays open until 4am. Sometimes there's a $10 - $20 cover. Dress nice. Ages 21 and over. Subway: C, E to 14th St.
- Ludlow Bar, 165 Lulow St., btwn Houston & Rivington St. (212) 353-0536
- Open 6pm - 4am every night, playing House, Hip Hop, Funk, Soul and Reggae. There's a $3 cover on Friday and Saturday after 11pm. 21 and over only. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Marion's Continental, 354 Bowery, btwn 3rd & 4th Sts. (212) 475-7621
- Famous as the gathering place of stars and socialites throughout the 50's and 60's, the new Marion's evokes it's glory days through decor and service. They have an extensive martini menu, Continental food, and regular events and theme nights. Regular events include the Pontani Sisters (retro glam tap) every Monday night ($3), DJs every Tuesday night, and a monthly "Fashion Brunch." Open 6pm - 2am every day. No age restrictions. Subway: 6 to Bleeker St.
- Mercury Lounge, 217 Houston St. at Essex St. (212) 260-4700
- Bands play in a simple brick space with a great sound system at the back of the bar. The music is mostly Indie Rock and Pop. Box office hours: 12 - 7pm Mon-Sat, shows start at 7pm. Cover is around $7 - $15 and it is usually ages 21 and over only. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.; J, M, Z to Essex St.
- Naked Lunch, 17 Thompson Street, corner of Thompson & Grand (212) 343-0828
- 70's, Funk, R&B, Motown, Soul, and new music. A weekend cover of $5 - $7. Open Tues - Fri from 5pm - close, Sat from 9pm - 4am. 21 and up. Subway: A, C, E, 1, 9 to Canal St.
- Niagara, 112 Ave. A, @ 7th St. (212) 420-9517
- Lounge/bar upstairs and a tiki bar downstairs with a dance floor and frozen drinks. Occasioanlly there is a $5 cover downstairs. DJs play everything from 50's Rockabilly to 80's Punk. Open 2pm - 4am on weekends, 4pm - 4am during the week (Happy Hour every day until 8pm). 21 and over only. No baseball hats, no sneakers. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Nowbar, 22 7th Ave. South, @ Leroy St. (212) 293-0323
- Open Wed - Sun from 10pm - 4am. Subway: 1, 9 to Houston St.
- Ohm, 16 W. 22nd St., btwn 5th & 6th Aves. (212) 229-2000
- Dinner and lounge are open from 8pm - 11pm, Thursday through Saturday, with a late night supper menu available until 2am. The dance floor opens at 10pm with high energy techno on Saturday and a more mellow mix of Euro, Latin, House, Hip Hop on Thursday and Friday. 21 and over. Cover charge is $20 on Friday after 10pm and $25 on Saturday after 10pm. Subway: F, N, R to 23rd St.
- Opium Den, 29 E. 3rd St., btwn Bowery & 2nd Ave. (212) 505-7344
- Open Mon - Sat from 8pm - 4am. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.; 6 to Astor Pl.
- Parkside Lounge, 317 Houston St., @ Attorney St. (212) 673-6270
- Carpeted lounge with a stage in the back room where, among other things, they host a live salsa band every Friday. You can stand up and boogey if you want to, but it's not really a dance club. Open 7 days a week from 1pm - 4am. 21 and over. No cover (2 drink min.) Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
Plant Bar, 217 E. 3rd St., btwn Ave. B & Ave. C (212) 375-9066
- This bar has DJs every night spinning electronic music, and there's never a cover. Open 6:30 - late. 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Pulse, 226 E. 54th St., btwn 2nd & 3rd Aves. (212) 688-5577
- This Nightclub plays host to promotional events of all kinds, so their schedule and music is different all the time. Sometimes they even have live bands. They are always open Friday and Saturday until 4:30am. Cover is usually $10 - $15. Age 23 and older for women, 25 and older for men. Subway: E, F to Lexington Ave.; 6 to 51st St.
- The Raven Cafe, 194 Ave. A, @ 12th St. (212) 529-4712
- This East Village bar has DJs every night playing Goth, Reggae, Experimental and Punk tunes. Open 7 days a week, Noon - 4am. Age 21 and over. No cover. Subway: L to 1st Ave.
- Rubber Monkey, 279 Church St., @ White St. (212) 219-0225
- On the first floor they have a Pub/lounge with a back room where they serve food and have a stage set up (check out open mic Mondays!). Downstairs is the dance floor and a second lounge. DJs spin everything from New House to Classics to Hip Hop. Open every day from 5pm - late. Happy Hour during the week from 5pm - 10pm. Sunday is Gay Night. Subway: A, C, E, N, R, 1, 9, 6 to Canal St.
- Sala, 344 Bowery, @ Great Jones St. (212) 979-6606
- Spanish restaurant/lounge serving tapas and music daily from 6pm - 4am. The lounge is open Wednesday through Saturday with DJs and available other nights for private parties. Schedule: Latin/Brazilian on Wednesday, Trip Hop on Thursday, laid-back Hip Hop/Salsa/Latin on Friday, and on Saturday they turn up the dance music. No cover. Must be 21 or older to get into the lounge. Subway: F to 2nd Ave., 6 to Astor Pl.
- Sapphire, 249 Eldridge St., btwn Houston & Stanton Sts. (212) 777-5153
- Small dance club (180 cap.) playing a combo of House, Classics, Reggae, Hip Hop, and Soul. Open 7pm - 4am every night with a 7 - 10pm Happy Hour. 21 and over. Cover: $5 after 10pm on Fri & Sat, $3 on Sun, and just a dollar on Monday and Tuesday. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Shampu, 9 Ave. A, btwn 1st & 2nd Sts. (646) 602-2590
- Bar/restaurant/lounge open Tues - Sat from 9pm - 4am. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Soha, South of Harlem, 988 Amsterdam Ave., btwn 108th & 109th Sts. (212) 678-0098
- An Uptown Lounge/Gallery with a pool table. Open 7 nights, 4 p.m. - 4 a.m., Happy Hour until 7pm. On the weekend DJs spin upbeat Funk, Soul, 80's, and Classics. During the week it's a more experimental feel with some Trip Hop, Pop and more. No cover, 21 and over. Subway: B, C, 1, 9 to 100th St.
- Spa, 76 East 13th St., btwn Broadway and 4th. (212) 388-1060
- Featuring two dance rooms plus table service where you can choose from a whole menu of different waters (hence the name). Open Tues - Sat from 10pm - 4am. Check out DJ Mark Ronson spinning Hip Hop on Tuesdays and Fridays. Otherwise the music varies. 21 and over. Cover charge is around $20. You won't get in wearing fur. Subway: L, N, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Tja, 301 Church St., @ Walker St. (212) 226-8900
- Alternative restaurant featuring modern Scandinavian/Asian fusion food and a variety of possible dining experiences, from shared tables to low lounge tables, to straight-up old restaurant style. There is a bar and DJs play a mix of sensual European Garage and Ethnic music. Live jazz on Sundays. Open every day at 6pm. Kitchen closes at 12am on weekdays and 1am on weekends, while the bar stays open later. Subway: A, C, E to Canal St.
- True, 28 E. 23rd St., btwn Madison & Park Aves. (212) 254-6117
- Medium sized alternative club with two floors, a downstairs lounge, and a small stage. Current regular parties are: Latin on Mon, Latin (with dance lessons) on Tues, Fetish on Wed, Goth (18 and older) on Thur, Retro Rock on Fri, and what has been called the best Lesbian party in town every Saturday. Cover is $8 - $12. Usually ages 21 and over. Opens between 8 & 10pm. Subway: N, R, 6 to 23rd St.
- Venue, 505 Columbus Ave., btwn 84th & 85th Sts. (212) 579-9463
- Two dance floors and a lounge showcase the sounds of there different DJs. Services include a coat check, catering, and private parties. Open every day from 7pm - 4am. Must be 24 or older. No cover. Dress code is casual, casual neat, and smart. Subway: C, E to 23rd St.
- Veruka, 525 Broome St., btwn Thompson St. & 6th Ave. (212) 625-1717
- DJs play Hip Hop and Pop music every night between 9pm - 4am. No cover. 21 and over. Subway: C, E to Spring St.
- Void, 16 Mercer St., @ Canal St. (212) 941-6492
- Multimedia lounge with DJs spinning every Wed - Sat from 8pm - 3am and Sun from 6pm - 1am. They also have films on Wednesday evenings, as well as digital video workshops Sun - Tues from 5pm - 10pm. No cover, no dress code. 21 and over. Subway: J, M, Z, N, R, 6 to Canal St.
- Warehouse, 141 E. 140th St., btwn Grand Concourse & Walton, Bronx (718) 992-5974
- The largest club in the Bronx has two floors, three rooms, and an outdoor patio. Friday parties vary, but Saturday is their big night, with House and Tribal tunes on the main dance floor and Hip Hop, Reggae, and R&B in the lounge. $13 cover for members, $15 for non-members. The crowd is mostly gay and bi, men and women. Open 11:30pm - 6:30am. Subway: 4 to 138th St.; 2 to 149th St.-Grand Concourse.
- Webster Hall, 125 E. 11th St., btwn 3rd & 4th Aves. (212) 353-1600
- Each of the four floors is geared toward a different crowd with a different type of music. Thursday is ladies night; reduced admission. 19 and over on Friday nights only. Open Wed-Sat 10pm-5am, Thurs-Sat for dancing. Subway: L, N, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Wetlands, 161 Hudson St. near Laight St. (212) 386-3600
- Another great club featuring eclectic live bands every night, plus a downstairs lounge. They also have an environmental activism center and sponsor city events promoting a more eco-friendly outlook on the city. Shows are generally 18 and over, sometimes all ages, and the cover is usually $8 - $15. Hours: 8pm - late (2am - 4am). Subway: 1, 9 to Canal.
- Zanzibar, 645 9th Ave. @ 45th St. (212) 957-9197
- Hip theater district restaurant/bar with two lounges. You can enjoy an indoor fireplace in one room, or hang out by the open front bar during warm summer eveings. DJs spin an eclectic mix of Jazz, Dance, Rock and Hip Hop. Open Mon - Thur 4pm - 2am, and Fri/Sat from 4pm - 4am. Subway: A, C, E to 42nd St.
- Watch this page - It will be edited on a regular basis
|Best Dance Clubs in New York
268 W 47th St, New York, NY 10036 This is a chic and classy club. Some famous celebs such as Stevie Wonder and David Bowie have been seen here. They offer a variety of liquors and expensive drinks.
This is a Latin American club where you can hear all kinds of music such as Erykah Badu, Reaggae and samba. If you like a trendy ambiance, enjoying tropical drinks and great life music than this is the place to be.
This trendy and stylish club is a good place to do the salsa, hear the 80’s tunes and spot some celebrities. Naked Lunch has a happy hour where they offer beer, wine and a variety of liquors.
Branche New York is a classy decorated club. They organize weddings, bachelor parties and social events. At the same time, this is a night club where the dress code vigorously enforced is. The music you will hear in this club is in general 80’s, house and disco but sometimes you will hear some R&B and Hip Hop.
This theme night club is decorated in the style of Saturday Night Fever. There are stroboscopes and disco balls everywhere. And the music you will hear is mainly 70’s.